Kadet DS – Guidance, Navigation and Control Laws Engineer
Kadet DS is a leading provider of state-of-the-art, high-performance unmanned systems. Through an in-depth understanding of the aerial target missions, our aerial targets have been developed to provide the warfighters and weapon developers with threat-representative systems capable of emulating existing and emerging threats. We also build products which are used to provide ISR and fulfill tactical roles. We are looking for motivated, proactive team members to join us. We have flown hundreds of flights till date in multiple countries and this role will help Kadet DS expand its scope of operations.
At Kadet DS, we live our core values of transparency, employee leadership and customer centricity. Our team’s collaborative nature combined with a high-energy environment means we tackle seemingly impossible challenges together.
Kadet DS is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a diverse culture that values innovation, integrity, leadership and teamwork.
We are seeking a Guidance, Navigation and Control Laws Engineer who has sound judgment, excellent interpersonal skills and high standards. Success will require attention to detail, a safety-oriented attitude, flexibility, and enthusiasm for cutting-edge technology.
The ideal candidate is a qualified [Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering (Aeronautical/Mechanical/ Others with UAS aviation experience with a passion for operational excellence and safety. The right candidate will have a critical attention to detail and the ability to solve problems in a complex environment without supervision and has a passion for all things unmanned.
The job of the GNC Engineer is to design, test, and validate control systems for unmanned air vehicles. The candidate must be knowledgeable in general principles of stability and control, preferably as applied to fixed-wing aircraft.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Simulation Model Generation and Database Implementation
- Implement equations of motion, environment, aerodynamics, propulsion, gravity, turbulence, and sensor models in 6DOF simulation models
- Create and utilize aerodynamic, propulsion, and mass databases
- Facilitate scripting and model development efforts to support trimming, linearization, and running aircraft flight dynamic simulation in the MATLAB/Simulink and X Plane environment
- Building Models for X Plane using AC3D, Blender and other design tools
Guidance, Navigation, and Control Algorithm Design
- Derive subsystem requirements and specifications, including: sensors and control actuation components
- Support subsystem testing and verification
- Control system gain and filter design and stability margin evaluation
- Perform non-linear robustness testing
- Perform system level performance analysis and requirements validation/verification
- Design and implement operator interfaces, autonomous logic algorithms, waypoint following and path generation algorithms
Flight test planning and support
- Provide input for creation of flight test plans by defining required test points and detailed test methods
- Support flight test events and provide real-time monitoring of GNC algorithm performance
- Support post-flight data analysis and evaluation of GNC algorithms and Simulation model characterization
- Verify flight dynamics, flying qualities, and aircraft flight path performance match design requirements and simulation expectations
Other Job Functions
- Support other unmanned aerial vehicle design, development, production, and sustainment efforts which may include the following:
- Participate in wind tunnel testing
- Supports proposal efforts by providing performance data, system descriptions, and acceptance plans
- Supports unmanned aerial vehicles in all levels of the product cycle, including: conceptual design, development, production support, and operational support
- Maintain engineering documents and customer manuals
- Other duties may be assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information as required by government standards
- Ability to interact effectively with peers and supervisors
- Ability to interact appropriately with the public when necessary
- Ability to adhere to workplace rules
- Ability to effectively communicate professionally in writing or verbally with all levels of personnel
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
- Exposure to composite airframe design methods preferred
- Understanding of autopilot flight control design preferred
- Familiarity with C/C++ software preferred
- Must be able to travel 30% – 40%, as required
- Must hold a valid Indian Passport
- Full Proficiency in spoken and written English
Location: Bengaluru with Initial Training to be conducted in Kolkata.
How to Apply
Email your latest CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please mention “GNC Engineer” as the subject line of the email