Kadet DS – Aerospace Engineer
Kadet DS is a leading provider of state-of-the-art, high-performance unmanned systems. Through an in-depth understanding of the aerial target missions, our aerial targets have been developed to provide the warfighters and weapon developers with threat-representative systems capable of emulating existing and emerging threats. We also build products which are used to provide ISR and fulfill tactical roles. We are looking for motivated, proactive team members to join us. We have flown hundreds of flights till date in multiple countries and this role will help Kadet DS expand its scope of operations.
At Kadet DS, we live our core values of transparency, employee leadership and customer centricity. Our team’s collaborative nature combined with a high-energy environment means we tackle seemingly impossible challenges together.
Kadet DS is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a diverse culture that values innovation, integrity, leadership and teamwork.
We are seeking an experienced aerospace engineer to join our aircraft engineering team to own aircraft design projects such as performance analysis, aerodynamic modeling, propeller design, and more.
- Aircraft design including clean sheet design, prototype development, flight testing, and production
- Generation of aerodynamic derivatives and databases for use in simulation/performance prediction
- Wind tunnel and flight test planning, model building, execution, and data reduction
- Aero-mechanical, and electro-mechanical familiarity
- Guidance, navigation, control, and simulation system support
- Low Reynolds number aircraft and propeller design and testing
- Clean sheet and existing vehicle design analysis including aerodynamic, propulsion, and power system performance
- Low and high fidelity analytic modeling of vehicle subsystems
- Aerodynamic database generation, fitting, and analysis
- Multivariate trade studies regarding system design, presentation of results
- Work with and support multidisciplinary team including controls, mechanical, production, software, and electrical engineers to tackle design challenges and resolve time sensitive issues
- Applied knowledge of a variety of low and high fidelity aerodynamic modeling tools (such as Vortex Lattice, Panel Methods, CFD)
- Expertise in one or more of the following areas: aerodynamic database generation, propeller design, multi-disciplinary optimization, aerodynamic geometry optimization
- Familiarity with unmanned aircraft systems and operations
- Familiarity with autopilot and flight control design is desirable
- Must be able to travel 30% – 40%, as required
- Must hold a valid Indian Passport
- Full Proficiency in spoken and written English
Location: Bengaluru with Initial Training to be conducted in Kolkata.
How to Apply
Email your latest CV to email@example.com
Please mention “Aerospace Engineer” as the subject line of the email